1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor keeps turning off and on.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by superzom, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. superzom

superzom Thread Starter

Okay so I got home today and noticed my screen was automatically turning off and on in 5 second intervals. My computer is running fine its just the screen... Then I noticed what looked like cat pee running down the side of my computer next to the power button which is a touch button. I cleaned it up and made sure the VGA cable and power cable were all in place. The cat pee didn't appear to get anywhere but the side of the screen and the ground. Unfortunately I don't have another screen to check if its working or not.

I have a Aoc 24 inch lcd monitor
    And running it through a VGA cable
    product name: 2434pw

I'm running windows 7

Is my computer screen seriously broken after this!!

(Smudge) My cats life is in your hands now haha

2. dai

dai

ask a friend to help you out with a screen to check with

3. superzom

superzom Thread Starter

okay tryed another screen and it works fine

Reckon its stuffed ?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Something must have gotten into it for it to break. You could try taking it apart and cleaning it inside. You have pretty much have nothing to loose as a warranty won't cover this

5. superzom

superzom Thread Starter

O that sounds like a good idea but its gonna be harder taking it apart theres no screws or anything

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    There may be some screws hiding behind a sticker, but it may just use clips and the screen has to be popped apart.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083818

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice