Monitor/Keyboard fail to run after startup, but work in Safe Mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hypnoticx

Hello all,

Having a very strange problem and I've looked everywhere for a solution.

Problem:
Monitor and keyboard are not functioning. When I boot up they work for a few seconds while the Dell desktop loads, then after loading XP the monitor goes to standby and the lights on the keyboard turn off. Safe mode works however. My computer was running all night, and I came to get it out of standby and it wouldn't react.

My attempts at solving:
-unplugged power supply, monitor, and keyboard
-rebooted
-tried restoring settings from a previous day (still went to monitor standby)

I'm really worrying it's a virus, and one I'd have no idea how to remedy. Any have suggestions?

Thank you.

hypnoticx

How come no one in his forum can ever help me out, common guys I was quite thorough and explained. Can someone offer SOME advice please...?

Have you got a USB key with a Light on it?

If so plug that in and see if the light stays on when the others go out.

If it doesnt, i would lean towards a motherboard fault.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online