monitor, keyboard, mouse not responding to computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nmc

I have recently reconnected my computer in a different room in my house. It worked fine until at one point, when it was off, I moved the monitor to the other side of my desk (I know...gasp!). Ever since then the monitor, mouse, and keyboard will not respond to the computer. The monitor will turn on, but the screen displays the monitor self test box (windows xp) - saying the monitor is working, check computer and monitor cable. The mouse (laser) does not light up, and none of the lights in the keyboard that are usually lit are lit. The tower seems to turn on - the light in the power button is on. That about sums up my problem. I have checked all cables several times! If anyone knows anything that may help - It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you much!
-nmc

It certainly suggests that nothing is working, and that probably the computer itself is not actually booting up.

Check it all again!

When you power up the PC, do you get the standard single "beep"? If not, its not going. Does the Hard drive spin up? Does the CD tray go in and out when you press the eject button on the drive?

nmc

When I turn on the computer I don't get the standard beep...but the cd drives do open and close! (and I'm not sure what you mean when you ask if the hard drive spins up, sorry.) Thank you very much for your help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online