1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor Malfunction

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sin123, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sin123

Sin123 Thread Starter

Hello

My LG monitor is having a problem that has only started yesterday. After turning on my computer is works fine for about 15 minutes then goes black with no indication of it going to sleep mode or anything. I know that it is still receiving power because it has the power indicator light on. Also, when I unplug the screen from the computer and plug it back in it works fine for 15 minutes then goes completely black again.

Now last week my computer got a very bad virus and was taken in and it was removed. I got it back yesterday and this new monitor problem has started... I suspected there may be a problem with the computer itself causing this malfunction, so I plugged the screen into another computer to see what would happen and it is the same story.

Thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!

2. frankjohn

frankjohn

From what you have said and done [tested] i would say you have a monitor problem.

3. Sin123

Sin123 Thread Starter

When a modern LCD monitor breaks does it just go black or does it flicker?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Modern monitors just like old ones don't follow any set pattern when they fail.

If its a decent brand it will have a 3 year warranty.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919186

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice