1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor mess-up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Relic, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Relic

Relic Thread Starter

For some strange reason my monitor has loss it's definition...I went through all the usual checks with the monitor and the display settings and everything looks OK.It looks as if someone removed the contrast and darken it...I have increased the brightness and contrast to max so I can ask for help...Any suggestions???

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

Hi Relic

Most likely the monitor is going bad. Do all three primary colors show up? (Red,Blue, Green)
    Try booting up in safe mode as this will let windows use a default driver.
    The best thing you can do is try the monitor on a different computer to see if the problem follows it. If the monitor looks good on a different computer then its probably the video card causing the problem. BOL

3. Relic

Relic Thread Starter

Thanks LURKER1...I'll try it...the monitor is only 2 years old...is it common for this to happen??

4. Lurker1

Lurker1

Monitor have a fairly high rate of failure due to the use of high voltage circuitry. Its not too comon for them to fail but I saw some stats on new computers somewhere which showed a pretty high rate of failure for them. Something like 25% needed some kind of support call in the first year and about 5% were DOA. If it is a bad monitor check the warranty that came with it as many monitors are covered by a three year warranty.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114496

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice