1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor missing from device manager

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rmrtist, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rmrtist

rmrtist Thread Starter

I recently had to reinstall windowsxp. I also had to reinstall my CD rom,DVD, etc as I had contacted a virus. Now I can not reinstall my monior (viewsonic LCD flat screen). In control panel display it states default monitor. But in the device manager the +Monitor is missing. How can I get it back in the tree route? Also I am assuming that is why I cannot play Medal of Honor on my PC as it states glide installation missing and can not open GLOPEN. Does anyone have a clue? Help me please!!!!Thanks

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Click the View tab at the top of DM and click "Show Hidden Devices". See if your monitor appears as a yellow splotch waiting for a driver.

3. rmrtist

rmrtist Thread Starter

I tried that it doesn't come up....

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

5. rmrtist

rmrtist Thread Starter

It still did not work...thx

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

What display adapter do you have and have you installed drivers for it?

7. rmrtist

rmrtist Thread Starter

Aha....adapter......never thought to check. Upon checking I had none available but there was a VGA driver. I reinstalled my adapter and voila! Monitor is now recognized and all is fine with video games. Such an easy fix for my problem. Thank you so much for you help Elvandil! Have a great day!!!!!!!

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

Ah, yes. The default VGA. Glad you got it all sorted out.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217084

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice