1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard not connecting to PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Huntaway, Apr 3, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Huntaway

Huntaway Thread Starter

While using my PC last night my monitor froze and and neither my mouse or keyboard were responding. I held down the power button then went to sleep. This morning I tried turning it on and received a no signal message on the screen as well as no lights on my keyboard and mouse turning on. All fans were on, the GPU and RAM were both recieving power indicated by their lights turning on. A friend recommend I try taking out the CMOS battery, I did this and it worked. The monitor was recieving signal and the lights on my mouse and keyboard were on. It all seemed fine then 10 minutes later the same issue occurred, no signal, no lights on the two peripherals. I tried taking out the CMOS battery again but this time it did not work.

Edit: I tried my monitor in both the GPU HDMI ports and the motherboard HDMI port

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Does the motherboard have a light, is it on?

3. Huntaway

Huntaway Thread Starter

Yes the motherboard has power

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

Most motherboard HDMI ports will not work unless the add on GPU is removed. Also the CPU has to have on board video for the HDMI ports to work. Try shutting down completely and pull the power cord from the PSU for a little while and try it again

5. Huntaway

Huntaway Thread Starter

So I switched the ram from slots 2/4 to 1/3 and it seemed to work no idea why. They’ve been in sits 2/4 since I got the pc. Still don’t know what was wrong

6. lynx1021

lynx1021

I have heard of "socket creep" where the heating and cooling causes the plugins to creep out, that may have been what happened, I saw on one PC that I worked on that wouldn't post at all because of one bad ram stick. Glad you got it going!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225316

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice