Monitor, mouse and keyboard not responding

quanpg14

My pc was running fine before, then I try to insert an SSD to the pc. I then put everything back into it’s place and turn on the pc. The pc turned on normally and doesn’t seem to have any weird sound but the monitor, mouse and keyboard doesn’t respond at all

crjdriver

You are posting in a hardware forum and no one has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Post the exact ie brand and model# of the drive you attempted to install.

Next go back and check your work. You would not be the first person to knock something loose while working inside the case [nor will you be the last one]

Modern systems have pw applied all of the time; even when OFF. Because of this fact, you need to remove the pw supply cord and discharge the pw supply prior to working inside the case. Failure to do the above can result in ESD to your parts.

quanpg14

Sorry I don’t know. motherboard is ASUS B450M-A, power supply is AGV500, CPU isAMD Ryzen 5 2600X. Try to insert a ssd samsung 870QVO then stop bc I don’t have a spare SATA cable

crjdriver

Try to insert a ssd samsung 870QVO then stop
Did you try and connect the drive while the system was pw ON?
I don’t have a spare SATA cable
SATA cables are very cheap; either get one or most shops would just give you one. I must have 2~300 of those sitting around here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts