1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor "no signal" after login screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by StonedFarmer, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StonedFarmer

StonedFarmer Thread Starter

Hi! [​IMG]

My specs are:
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945, 4x 3000 MHz
    Mainboard: MSI 760GM-P23 (FX), Sc3+, AMD 760G Chipset
    RAM: 8192 MB DDR3-RAM
    HDD: 1000 GB, Seagate®/Western Digital®, SATA
    GPU: AMD R9 380
    PSU: COOLER MASTER G550M, 550 Watt, ATX 2.31

Monitor: AOC e2243Fws

My problem:
    When I boot up my PC, it will do so normally until i get to the login screen. There the picture freezes and the monitor goes black, showing "no signal". The PC and fans run. Turning the monitor off an on or unplugging the hdmi cable and putting it in again won't help, so I have to shut down my PC by force.
    When I start the PC again, everything works fine. Even if I shut down the PC and boot up again after 1 hour or so, there is mo problem. If I wait several hours or to the next day though, the same happens again. Normal boot, loading screen, freeze, no signal.

As GPU and PSU are new and the problem persists for several months, I started to think, if it could be my motherboard. I also thought of my RAM, but Memtest didn't show problems.
    So, is it possible that my motherboard is the problem?

If yes, what can I do?

Thanks in advance for your help! [​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1172297

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice