1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor no signal and PC restarts when 5 minutes ingame

Discussion in 'Games' started by MKinsey, Jan 8, 2017.

?

How to fix monitor no signal and PC restarting when playing any game for 5 minutes?

1. New graphics card

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Clean out PC fans

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. HDMI pc port

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MKinsey

MKinsey Thread Starter

Hey, For about 2 weeks now ive recently encountered problem with my PC or so i think, Basically whats been happening is that when i go in game mainly league of legends for about 5 mins ingame my monitor receives no signal, keyboard and mouse power stops and then my PC restarts and monitor doesn't work. I'm not sure what is causing this im am not overclocking my gpu or anything and my drivers are all up to date.

Alienware X51 R2
    Geforce GTX 760 ti
    Windows 10
    16 GB ram
    64bit operating system
    Intel Core i7-4790 CPU 3.60 GHz
    Standard HDMI cable
    BENQ RL series gaming monitor

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

The Alienware X51 R2 desktop comes with one of these power supplies:
    Capture.JPG

Its Intel Core i7-4790 processor uses 84W of power.
    Its GeForce GTX 760 Ti graphic card uses 170W of power and requires a minimum of a 500W power supply.

There most likely lies your problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------

3. MrSlayer123

MrSlayer123

When a PC reboots, it means either of the 2 happen:

- Some components are overheating
    - Not Enough power delivery.

Have you fully cleaned your PC recently (opening it up and cleaning the dust off the motherboard, gpu and what not)?
    Have these issues occurred in the past?

4. MKinsey

MKinsey Thread Starter

No haven't cleaned out the pc yet probably should try that and yes this did happen about 2 months back but then stopped and only recently has it been happening again. Also kinda stupid how alienware would allow selling PC's with power supplies that cant handle the GPU's. Ill try cleaning it but if that doesn't fix it then does that mean its definitely a power problem cause ive owned this PC for 2 years now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1183536