1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor no signal different

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by seriousturtle, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. seriousturtle

seriousturtle Thread Starter

ok, been researching this on my bro's pc for 6 days. no help. the problem: previously working pc runs fine, but monitor stays off (orange light). something different than the other posts: i use quick keys and after i was sure pc started up xp professional, i ran winamp and played music fine, though monitor was still blank, meaning that cpu, sound card, hd work fine i think. i've done what i can to diagnose problem for 6 days. reseated everything, switched out cables, switched out 6800 gs pci-e for another new card. switched out monitors, even tried booting off different hd. in my mind, that only leaves mobo. i pressed power button on mobo for 30 secs, and cleared cmos.i hear all the normal beeps during startup, all fans on. leds on keyboard work fine. can't see bios or anything. my monitor only displays override when i power on. i'm only thinking maybe there's some capacitor or something on mobo that allows signal to pass through vid card, and maybe that blew. i've been reading many pc help forums, and this one by far is more comprehensive and ppl have a true desire to help others, so here i am.

~the turtle

2. cmw2010

cmw2010

Alittle more info on motherboard might be helpful?

3. seriousturtle

mainboard is evga socket 939 nforce 4 chipset. running my 6800 gs in pci-e 16x slot, but have tried both vid cards in all 3 pci-e slots. have 4 sticks 512 ram seated. have also tried disconnecting all unnecessary components - ie - cd drive/ dvd drive/ floppy/ card reader/ neon lights/ creative sb live.

~the turtle

4. seriousturtle

no one has any idea?

~the turtle

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541100

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice