monitor no signal different

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

seriousturtle

ok, been researching this on my bro's pc for 6 days. no help. the problem: previously working pc runs fine, but monitor stays off (orange light). something different than the other posts: i use quick keys and after i was sure pc started up xp professional, i ran winamp and played music fine, though monitor was still blank, meaning that cpu, sound card, hd work fine i think. i've done what i can to diagnose problem for 6 days. reseated everything, switched out cables, switched out 6800 gs pci-e for another new card. switched out monitors, even tried booting off different hd. in my mind, that only leaves mobo. i pressed power button on mobo for 30 secs, and cleared cmos.i hear all the normal beeps during startup, all fans on. leds on keyboard work fine. can't see bios or anything. my monitor only displays override when i power on. i'm only thinking maybe there's some capacitor or something on mobo that allows signal to pass through vid card, and maybe that blew. i've been reading many pc help forums, and this one by far is more comprehensive and ppl have a true desire to help others, so here i am.

~the turtle

seriousturtle

mainboard is evga socket 939 nforce 4 chipset. running my 6800 gs in pci-e 16x slot, but have tried both vid cards in all 3 pci-e slots. have 4 sticks 512 ram seated. have also tried disconnecting all unnecessary components - ie - cd drive/ dvd drive/ floppy/ card reader/ neon lights/ creative sb live.

~the turtle

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online