1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor "No Signal" issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by solo-nite, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solo-nite

solo-nite Thread Starter

Hiya all,

I just recently purchased a new monitor about a month ago a ACER S242HL LCD monitor (24") and all is working well in Windows 7 but sometimes when you switch the PC on nothing displays on the monitor (the power light is still amber) and when you press the power button off and then on all you get is a blue light come on and a box appear saying "no signal".

If you switch the PC off and on again after a few moments the light goes blue and you see bios, windows etc and everything is fine.

At first I thought it's my PC (even though I just got a new graphics card, replaced fans etc), I thought it was RAM causing problems for the computer to boot up, but when the monitor didn't display again I left it on with the speakers turned up and I heard the windows 7 login music, so the PC is booting up but for some reason the monitor is acting like there is no signal.

I am using a DVI cable at the moment.

Thanks

2. XPWhizzKid

XPWhizzKid

Can you try a cable or monitor, to see what is faulty.

3. solo-nite

solo-nite Thread Starter

I can try and find another cable to use, the thing is it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it switches on fine and then randomly now and again it will say no signal.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028219

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice