Monitor no signal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Prizzx

Hello I recently finished building my computer the specs are
GPU:ASRock phantom gaming arc 570
CPU:Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard:ASRock b450 pro4
Ram:Team Vulcan 16gb(2x8) 3200mhz
PSU: 430w power spec
Case:Thermaltake RGB v200
Monitor: LG ips 24EC53V-P

I finished building and tried to get the screen to show something by plugging an hdmi from the screen to the gpu and it kept saying no signal, I then tried the motherboard and it also said no signal.Notice at this time i had my ram in slot A1 and A2, and online it said this was incorrect and the recommend way was A2 and B2 on the motherboard. I fixed the ram and tried again but nothing worked any help ?

crjdriver

You can try the motherboard port until the cows come home; never going to work. The video port on the motherboard is there to support the APU series of processors that have video. The 2600 has no video.

Have you read the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds? If not, do so. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your no POST issue.

crjdriver

Yes, it could be an issue however until you test in a systematic manner, you will never know.
Common errors for inexperienced builders;
1 The 8/12pin aux/cpu pw connector not plugged in
2 Motherboard shorting to ground due to incorrect placement of standoffs
3 Something not fully seated ie ram, video, pw connectors, etc
4 Parts not compatible [not an issue in this case]
5 Cooler or heatsink fan not installed correctly. More an intel problem than an AMD problem since the AMD type coolers are pretty much idiot proof

Prizzx

Yes, it could be an issue however until you test in a systematic manner, you will never know.
Common errors for inexperienced builders;
1 The 8/12pin aux/cpu pw connector not plugged in
2 Motherboard shorting to ground due to incorrect placement of standoffs
3 Something not fully seated ie ram, video, pw connectors, etc
4 Parts not compatible [not an issue in this case]
5 Cooler or heatsink fan not installed correctly. More an intel problem than an AMD problem since the AMD type coolers are pretty much idiot proof
Thanks I’ll be testing everything with a new psu

crjdriver

You are welcome. For future reference, you can mark your own thread as solved using the button at the upper left of the page. No need for this one: I will mark it for you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online