Monitor no signal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Engel126790

Hello, i have never posted my problems in any social media or platform but this rime i have to because my future job deoends in it.
My pc was working fine yesterday and this morning it just wont turn the monitor on and it says no signal. I have tried everything like ,cleaning dust , using another cable, monitor, cmos battery, pin, removing every single port in the computer and reinserting them nothing has helped . Please help me , my 2 years work of project is in there 😔

crjdriver

my 2 years work of project is in there
First of all, data you do not backup is data you do not care about AND you should expect to lose said data at some point.
If you have important data on the drive, the very first thing to do is pull the drive out and connect it to a working system. Copy whatever data files you want. Once the data is safe, then we can begin attempting to fix this system. Once you have the drive out and data copied, do the following;

1 System OFF and pw cord removed from the rear of the pw supply
2 Open the case and pull the pw connectors from ALL drives; both hd and optical
3 Pull out any add-in cards ie sound, lan, etc. You may not have any add-in cards and that is fine. If you have a real video card, AND your system has onchip video, remove the video card and connect the monitor to the onboard port on the motherboard. I have no idea IF you have onchip video since you have not posted specs. Note there is a latch that must be depressed to pull the video card. Do not just yank it out; you will break something
4 Reseat ie remove and replace both atx and aux/cpu pw connectors. Be sure they are fully seated
5 Pull out all ram chips. Blow the slot or slots out with a can of air. Reinstall ram and be sure it is fully seated
6 Disconnect any usb device ie printer, hub, etc. Leave the keyboard connected
7 Clear cmos with the clear pins or jumper
8 Replace the pw cord and attempt to pw ON. If the motherboard completes POST, then shutdown and start connecting devices one at a time until you find the failed part. If then board will not POST in the above config, you will need to swap parts with known good units; ie pw supply, motherboard, ram, processor until you find what failed

Note it would REALLY help if you posted exact system specs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online