Monitor not detecting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jhartman4630

My monitor is black with a blinking underscore. Allows use of bois on start up and then when I exit it goes to this blank screen with underscore. I just recently added a new hard drive and kbm although I doubt that has much to do with this

Couriant

James
If you are getting a blank screen with a flashing cursor than the issue is not with the monitor but the boot up to Windows. Was the new drive added as a secondary drive?

managed

Allan
Check in the Bios that the correct drive is listed as first boot device.

Jhartman4630

the new hard drive is the only one there, if I unplug and reset then no boot device is detected

managed

Allan
So is that drive the first boot device in the Bios ? If not make it so, or use the boot menu to select it.

plodr

Liz
no boot device is detected
What was on the boot device (version of Windows or linux?)
Check that you did not knock something loose when you installed the secondary drive.

I have a similar issue with an Acer monitor I bought a few months back.
I have to turn both on within several seconds of eath other, comp 1st, then monitor.
If I wait too long, the monitor sez no signal. I just have to deal with it, , , , ,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online