monitor not displaying on start up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alto

I have a strange problem. Whenever I start my computer, it starts to boot but the monitor is not displaying anything, the power light on the monitor is off too. It is like monitor is off. The computer boots up properly and no problem on OS. But if I press the power button on the monitor then press it again the the picture comes and everything is ok. The computer and monitor all are working fine thereafter. The problem is just at the time of start up. plz help me.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi alto, and welcome to TSG.

The problem could be with the monitor or the video controller.

If you need more specific help, then please provide more specific details (brand and model number, analog or digital video connection, etc.) about both. Knowing the operating system and if the monitor ever worked in this particular setup may also be of use.

alto

Brand- Samsung, model 56V, OS winXP prof sp2.
The monitor was working fine until some days ago, but problem now have come up.
I think there is no problem with Graphics card also, I also play games or keep the computer running for some hours and no problem arises.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online