1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor not displaying

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Deltaxecho, May 16, 2019.

1. Deltaxecho

Deltaxecho Thread Starter

My monitor is not coming out of sleep mode. I have hard booted and reconnected all cables. When clicking on source display comes up for 5 secs stating DVI Active

I disconnected DVI and connected VGA cable. Same happens. Says its active but displays for only 5secs or so. Keyboard inputs don't activate display

Now I have both cables connected and same thing happens stating VGA and DVI Active but display goes blank after 5secs

It's an HP widescreen monitor
    What is happening?

2. etech2019

etech2019

First you need to do a RAM cleanup remove your RAM and insert again and see what happens.

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Could be the monitor is actually faulty or the computer isn't providing a signal.

You can test the monitor on another device or computer to confirm whether it is actually functional. And/or test a different monitor on that computer to see if the computer is working.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227252

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice