Monitor not showing signal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Liam1111

I have recently built my new gaming pc. When turning it on no display (no signal) is shown on my monitor. ( I have had it show some display a couple of times, but not every time so I am thinking I have a faulty part but unsure what part, I think it's the motherboard)> I have done some troubleshooting but had no luck.

Things I've tested:
Power going to the motherboard. My motherboard LED's lightup and my fans connected to the motherboard work.
I have used two different monitors, so the monitor is not the issue.
I have used three seperate video cables including two different HDMI and one D-sub cable so it's not the cable.
I have taken everything out and re-plugged it back in and it turned on a couple of times but i left it for a bit and now it doesn't turn on again. I defiantly think I have a faulty part.
I Also have tried plugging in my HDMI cable into the motherboard and GPU.

Anyone know whats wrong with it??
Cheers.

Oddba11

Jim
Did you remove the video card when you attempted using the motherboard output?

If not, power off, remove the card, boot into the BIOS and restore to factory default/save/exit, reboot.

Liam1111

Hi, I currently do have the hdmi plugged into my motherboard and I did have it plugged in without my gpu in. I had it running a couple of times but it's not consistent. Also I can't get it running to restore the BIOS and not sure if that would even change anything. These are my parts by the way Intel I5 7500, Prime B250M-A, Antec VP 600w, GTX 1060 6gb Strix, 16gb DDR4 Balistix. Cheers

crjdriver

I see some very miss-matched parts.
You have a low end pw supply that is not designed for the stress of gaming. You used a motherboard with a business chipset; again not designed for gaming. Yet you have installed a gaming video card. While these parts will run, they will never work well together and more importantly, I doubt you would be satisfied with the performance. There is a LOT more to a gaming system than simply installing a video card.

As referenced above, read the guide at the top of the hw forum for problem builds. If you follow ALL of the steps of the guide, you will find the cause of your no post condition.

Some common errors for new builders;
1 Aux pw connector not plugged into the board
2 Motherboard shorting to the case due to incorrect placement of standoffs
3 Heatsink fan not installed correctly and system overheating. Modern cpus will overheat in seconds if the cooler is not installed correctly
4 Ram chips not fully seated in slot or slots

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online