1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor not shutting down

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by licorice, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. licorice

licorice Thread Starter

Upon shutdown, my processor shut offs, the monitor screen goes blank, but the monitor lite stays green and doesn't change to amber. It used to. Now it just stays green and I have to manually shut the monitor down. What is interfering with the monitor shutdown? Thanks

2. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann

i'm not sure, but if i took a guess, i'd say it would have something to do with your computers power options in display setings...

hope that helped...

3. rockinmale

rockinmale

FYI:
    When you shut down the pc. The monitor goes blank and the amber light should go on. This does not mean that the monitor is completely turned off. The amber light is telling you that the monitor is in standy mode to conserve power. Although, the monitor is still on, but using less power.

If your not going to use your pc for hours its best to turn off the monitor by the power button.

4. licorice

licorice Thread Starter

Thanks for the replys. I still want the monitor to go to low power sometimes, but it won't. IT stays green no matter what power settings I use. It never shuts down to amber. Sometimes I shutdown the computer and need to leave quickly and the green light (monitor) is on at full power

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170943

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice