1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor not working Wait??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by elmer, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. n2gun

n2gun

2. elmer

elmer Thread Starter

This is challenge for my technical expertise.

I have left previous communications in case it helps.

For the longest time, I had to unplug the keyboard for a cold start, or "restart" instead of turning the computer completely off. Otherwise I would receive two beeps and startup would halt. Nothing appeared on the screen so I could not be sure what was happening. With the help of this site, the problem appeard to be memory.

I found something on the web to clean out the registry, and it started working normally again.

Well, now the two beeps have returned, and the keyboard unplugging won't even work. I was not installing any new software of hardware.

I've changed order and number of memory sticks. No change. Taken out all PCI cards. Unplugged d drive. Said a few words.

When I insert a diskette that should be read first (start-up etc) still get the two beeps.

Before I drop back 15 yards and see how far I can kick the box, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for the help

3. urinbiz

urinbiz

Hello ELMER,

Regarding your post (http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=114969)
    where you were working on a monitor problem with a PC that had the following
    BIOS...

elmer 11-Feb-2003 04:38 PM
    Phoenix Bios ATI-264gt/a2b EDO Bios 2.224
    version 4.05.m
    NEC 00.01.27
    That's probably more than is necessary, but that is what I hae written down.
    Thanks

I was hoping that I might be able to obtain this version of BIOS from you

or at the very least discuss possible solutions.

Can you please help me ?

- Urinbiz

4. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114969

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice