1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor Not Working

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by JoshuaOst, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JoshuaOst

JoshuaOst Thread Starter

Hey guys, I'm trying to edit some video for a short film so any feedback is much appreciated at this point.
    So anyways, the display on my computer monitor turned black on me. Worst of all, I didn't even do anything to provoke this, it just all of a sudden turned black. This happened once before but I just restarted the computer and it worked again. Does anyone have any idea what's happening? Is it actually the monitor or something else. Again, thanks in advance.

2. JoshuaOst

JoshuaOst Thread Starter

By the way, the monitor does have power, it just isn't getting a display.

3. norton850

norton850

If there is nothing at all on the monitor it could be that your monitor went. Trying another monitor or putting your monitor on another system will be helpful. If you can't do that right away in the meantime check the connection from the monitor to the video card and reseat the video card and RAM in your system.

4. JoshuaOst

JoshuaOst Thread Starter

The back light still turns on when I press the power button. Maybe it has something to do with the computer?

5. norton850

norton850

Backlight? This is a laptop? What exactly do you mean that the backlight turns on?

6. JoshuaOst

JoshuaOst Thread Starter

When I press the button the screen lights up but doesn't display an image.

7. JoshuaOst

JoshuaOst Thread Starter

I'm a noob, by the way, how would I reset the RAM and video card?

8. JoshuaOst

JoshuaOst Thread Starter

Anyone?

9. Carey934

Carey934

I would recommend you try a friends monitor on your PC. Sounds like you set your refresh rate too high and smoked it or it just smoked itself...

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544064

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice