1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor or video card going ?!?!?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by smunday, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smunday

smunday Thread Starter

Hi all,
    I just turned on my computer to see all the 'dos' lettering in a rainbow of colors. When XP came up all the colors were messed up and it needed to be rebooted. It came up in safe mode. I restarted it again and its fine now.

I saw this happen about 4 yrs ago on my old Sys, but I can't remember if its the vid card or the Monitor that was shot. Maybe its something else. Not sure.

Did anyone else have this happen? What was the out come of it?

Hope some one can help.
    Thanks.

S.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Video card! When you see that weird lettering on the screen it is usually an indication the video memory is shot. Do you have another video card to test on the PC?

3. smunday

smunday Thread Starter

Its not that theres weird lettering.
    Its just that the normal (white) Lettering is now
    rainbow colored.

I just got this card :(

Hercules Prophet 3 Ti 200

4. Rockn

Rockn

OHHHH........Well if all the colors are messing up like that and the card is new it is more thna likely the monitor. Can you hook u to another monitor then?

5. smunday

smunday Thread Starter

I don't have access to another monitor.
    This is an old one but a reallly good one. Never had a prob before.

Either way it seems to be working now. I'll wait untill it gets worse before dealing with it. After all I'm still paying for chirstmas ;)

Thanks for confirming what I thought.

Cya
    S.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119247

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice