Monitor performance issue

SirHaigh

Hello!

I'm using a Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 and I recently bought a new 1080p 144hz monitor. I tested the monitors response time and was met with 6.2ms but the monitor is capable of a 1ms response time. Some games also look worse on this new monitor even though its specs are considerably better than my old monitor. Is this bad monitor performance due to my GTX 960 struggling to keep up with the monitor? if not, what do you think could be the problem?

SirHaigh :)

We have no clue......you don't tell us what make/model monitor you have or if you setup the monitor using the monitor settings.

SirHaigh

We have no clue......you don't tell us what make/model monitor you have or if you setup the monitor using the monitor settings.
Monitor is a Acer GN246HL
It's just using the basic display settings it came with. I tried changing some settings but it made little to no difference. I'm also using a Display Port cable.

Is the issue image quality or performance? GTX 960 is going to lag significantly in any modern AAA title with even medium settings if you're wanting to get anywhere near 120-144 FPS. As far as actual image quality you do know it's a TN display right? That means you have to seriously adjust nvidia settings to even get remotely close to a nice IPS display.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online