1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor Preventing Boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SummermoonUK, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SummermoonUK

SummermoonUK Thread Starter

Hi

Problem is that the Monitor is preventing my PC from booting!!!

From cold start the PC stops mid boot at "Check VRAM" on the LCD Poster, even a reset will not clear it. However if I unplug the DVI cable from the monitor and reset the PC but not plug the monitor in the PC will boot and go into windows. I know this because I can then plug the same monitor in and its working fine!!!! until it either goes to sleep or is shut down and then the same thing happens again.

I'm on the third monitor now. If I plug another monitor in I have no problems at all, shut down fine restarts fine. Ive tried different DVI cables and different GFX cards.

I just don't understand what or where the problem lies.

It can't be drivers because those aren't even loaded at the time the PC stops.

I've re-flashed the BIOS till Im sure its near its end life.

Ive had the motherboard RMA's with no problems, the memory been upgraded and passed memtest86+ over 24hrs

Ive run 3DMArk06 40 times and no lockups BSOD etc.,

PSU is 1200Watts and I have swapped that out for another 900Watt unit.

Any suggestions would be gratefully rec'd

DAve

PC Specs below

CPU: E8600 3.33Ghz
    Mem: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800
    MB: Asus Striker 2 Formula (Bios 2201)
    GFX: Zotac Amp! Edition 8800GT 512mb x 2 (SLi)
    Mon: AMW X2210WPS 22" 1680 x 1050 60Mhz
    Cooling: 4x 120mm fans,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/897725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice