1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor Prob -

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rhapsody, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rhapsody

Rhapsody Thread Starter

Can some one please inform of of any and all problems that might cause my monitor not to work?
    I am unable to view any images on it - I get a black screen that has a blue box in the middle - with these words in the box - "Please Check Signal"

:eek: :( :eek: :( :eek: :(

Thank You,
    Rhapsody
    a kind word today makes for a better tomorrow

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

That means that the monitor is not receiving any signal from the computer.

The most common reason is that the computer is not going, or has not actually booted up correctly.

Does the computer "beep" once when turned on?

3. Conrad747

Conrad747

when "please check signal" comes out it means that the connection between monitor and computer is gone or doesn't exists. check the connection at the back of your computer if it is loose. if connection seem to be fine and your computer has a video card, reseat it.

4. Rhapsody

Rhapsody Thread Starter

The comp seems to load up just fine but when the monitor tries to turn on all i get is the black screen with the box on it.

The comp does NOT make any beeping sounds!!!!!

Thx,
    Rhapsody

5. Rhapsody

Rhapsody Thread Starter

I have checked all the connection and they are fine. I even plugged my brand new monitor up to it from my 2nd comp and it would not display any images on it as well (2nd monitor works fine on its tower).

Could it poss be my video card - some one had suggested that? ? ?

Thx,
    Rhapsody

6. Jack Horner

Jack Horner

The computer should make 1 beep when it finishes its POST. If it does not, you are not getting to the point where there is any video to be displayed. Failure to post can be caused by bad memory, CPU, failing Mobo among other things.

7. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Most computers "beep" once when successfully booting.

I would have a strong suspicion that yours is not actually booting. The noise of fans etc is no assurance that it has booted.

Check the keyboard, if the Caps Lock light goes on and off when the Caps Lock key is pressed, that is a good sign it has booted.

If the lights don't work like that, its a fairly certain sign its the computer itself that has failed.

8. Rhapsody

Rhapsody Thread Starter

OK - i will check in the morning, the non-working comp is in my sons room and he is in bed for the night.
    i will post back after i see if the lights on and off or not........... Thx :)

Rhapsody
    a kind word today makes for a better tomorrow

9. Rhapsody

Rhapsody Thread Starter

I checked and NO LIGHTS come on when i push Caps Lock or Num Lock.
    Sooooo - the question i have is: What should i be looking toward as the problem?

Thx,
    Rhapsody :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice