Monitor Problem....Black bars on each side

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dk

Like I mentioned before in my last post I acquired another Tower, but Im using an old RELISYS 16' monitor with this system, ok anyway, I was wondering why I have black bars on both sides of the monitor the picture is not filling the whole screen I have looked behind the monitor for an adjustment and in front of it also, and cannot find an adjustment for it, and i have removed the monitor from the device manager and rebooted and let windows install the best one, do I need to search from Drivers for this?, the Resolution is set at 640x480 and I'm not sure what the Refresh rate is set at, could this be a problem also.thanks for the help.

------------------
ICQ# 51865388
AOL IM daveandrew v1

There should be some way to adjust this from the Moniter itself. Some kind of Buttons (most times it is on the front bottom). Also if you do find these and it is Maxed out, then you might have to change the reselotion in windows to be able to get the full screen.

------------------
~Jason

Infinity Networking and PC's
[email protected]

Some older monitors do not have sizing adjustment options. In this case, there isn't much you can do.

Try playing with the refresh rate settings of your video card, but don't get your hopes up.

By the way, where did you get a 16 foot monitor? I want one!

What size monitor is it, really? 14"?

dk

well I guess my " were wrong, no its sixteen what do you think is wrong could the monitor be old and about to crap out or what.

------------------
ICQ# 51865388
AOL IM daveandrew v1

It sounds like you simply have an older monitor. I had an 8 year old 14" that didn't have adjustment controls and it had the same problem...wouldn't fill up the screen. I bought a used 15" with the controls and I managed to stretch the display to fit the screen.

Check in your display settings in control panel. You may have an option to stretch to fit the screen. Depends on your video card. Some have this option, some don't.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts