1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MonoxideChil, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonoxideChil

MonoxideChil Thread Starter

I'm having a problem with my monitor. Sometimes I'll be playing DAoC and my comp'll freeze up(different issue). I'll hit reset, my monitor will do the DPS Suspend Mode. Then shut off even though the comp will continue to come on. It takes anywhere from 20 minutes to 6 hours(that's only happened once) for it to work when I turn the power on. I have no idea what is required, information wise, so I'll wait til someone says something.

2. dzones

dzones

sounds to me like your monitor is getting too hot. even though it is remaining on, when the reset is done the heat is too high in the unit itself and it will not come on till the temp reaches a safer level.
    I am not sure what would be required to fix it since i really never mess with monitors. few places actually do anymore. cheaper to get a new one than have them worked on.

sorry i could not be more help on that one.

3. BTS '76

BTS '76

what kind of video card do you have?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice