1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ColdArmor, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColdArmor

ColdArmor Thread Starter

Ok, I have a StarLogic Plug and Play Monitor and a FX5200 video card. I leave my Pc on all the time, and this morning I woke up, turned the monitor back on and the screen is at 640x480, and when I try to cahnge it back, It says I do not have administrative rights to do that or something. (Yes I am an admin on XP) and this just started happening today. What is weird though is when I restart my computer the regular resolution (1024x768) just come back automatically when I log in.. wtf is happening here, and anyone know how I could resolve this?

This seems to happen when the screensaver is on for more than like 10 - 15 minutes, I notcied when I move the mouse to get out of the screensaver, there is a longer wait time before the picture shows up.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Where did the screen saver come from? Is it a Windows Screen saver or one that was downloaded from the web or else where. Sometimes graphic programs need to change the resolution to work right. Sometimes they have little programs in them that do this with out your permission too! Run your virus scan and spybot S/D.

3. ColdArmor

ColdArmor Thread Starter

It's the default Windows XP 3D Flowerbox Screensaver. I have also had this for like 6 months now with no problems. I have already ran AVG, Spybot S&D, HijackThis!, all with most current updates.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322701

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice