Monitor problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dakota1960

First time this happened. I plug in my monitor into my custom built, like I have done before.
it tells me that
"OUT OF RANGE"
hf:30khz-60khz
vf:55hz-75hz
"CURRENT FREQUENCY"
hf:30.2khz vf:48hz.
Can some one help me to fix this?
Much Abloge

That would mean that your monitor's settings is set too high. You'd need to lower it somehow.

How old is the monitor, and can you make any changes to the video settings on your system? might need to change the output frequency of your video card. This can be done through display properties.

dakota1960

My monitor is about 5 years old. I went to display properties but could not figure out how to change it. I have an integrated geforce 6100 video. Thanks for your help.

On the Settings tab, click Advanced, then Monitor. What is the refresh rate set for?

reboot in safemode, and lower your display resolutions settings....to like 800x600 for now , then once is looks right go up from there.

And do it on each level once, to see if it's good. Now when you get to that level where the monitor starts complaining that it cannot display, go back down one level and I'd recommend you stay at that level.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online