1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dakota1960, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dakota1960

dakota1960 Thread Starter

First time this happened. I plug in my monitor into my custom built, like I have done before.
    it tells me that
    "OUT OF RANGE"
    hf:30khz-60khz
    vf:55hz-75hz
    "CURRENT FREQUENCY"
    hf:30.2khz vf:48hz.
    Can some one help me to fix this?
    Much Abloge

2. LitomoSilver

LitomoSilver

That would mean that your monitor's settings is set too high. You'd need to lower it somehow.

3. gurutech

gurutech

How old is the monitor, and can you make any changes to the video settings on your system? might need to change the output frequency of your video card. This can be done through display properties.

4. dakota1960

My monitor is about 5 years old. I went to display properties but could not figure out how to change it. I have an integrated geforce 6100 video. Thanks for your help.

5. gurutech

gurutech

On the Settings tab, click Advanced, then Monitor. What is the refresh rate set for?

6. dakota1960

Thank you for responding. 60htz

7. axis77

axis77

reboot in safemode, and lower your display resolutions settings....to like 800x600 for now , then once is looks right go up from there.

8. LitomoSilver

LitomoSilver

And do it on each level once, to see if it's good. Now when you get to that level where the monitor starts complaining that it cannot display, go back down one level and I'd recommend you stay at that level.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice