1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor Problems Got Me Down

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fatcat6499, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fatcat6499

fatcat6499 Thread Starter

I have a avitron monitor recently purchased from TigerDirect.com and I just started having problems with it well it seems at random it just starts shaking pardon the pun but it appears that its using a vibarator... the hole screen shakes if you could help me out I'd appreciate it

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

This can often be caused by external devices that have a magnetic field.

Cellphones, transformers (anything electrical basically) within a few feet of a CRT type screen can do it.
    Some screens are more susceoptible than others, and the refresh rate can affect the amount that the interference can be seen.

Of course it could be an internal monitor fault, but chack the area for electrical devices first. Including the wall behind the monitor (cables, switchboards etc). The effect is dependent on current flowing in a cable when its coming from the mains.

3. dobhar

dobhar

kiwiguy is correct...

I have seem the "Shakies" on a Monitor that was underneath a flourescent light. Had to change the "Refresh Rate" to fix problem. The quicker way would have been to move the puter away from the light but the use did not want to move.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271506

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice