Monitor Problems Got Me Down

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fatcat6499

I have a avitron monitor recently purchased from TigerDirect.com and I just started having problems with it well it seems at random it just starts shaking pardon the pun but it appears that its using a vibarator... the hole screen shakes if you could help me out I'd appreciate it

This can often be caused by external devices that have a magnetic field.

Cellphones, transformers (anything electrical basically) within a few feet of a CRT type screen can do it.
Some screens are more susceoptible than others, and the refresh rate can affect the amount that the interference can be seen.

Of course it could be an internal monitor fault, but chack the area for electrical devices first. Including the wall behind the monitor (cables, switchboards etc). The effect is dependent on current flowing in a cable when its coming from the mains.

kiwiguy is correct...

I have seem the "Shakies" on a Monitor that was underneath a flourescent light. Had to change the "Refresh Rate" to fix problem. The quicker way would have been to move the puter away from the light but the use did not want to move.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online