Monitor Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

matven

hooked up a new computer to an existing monitor its a Mag VM900E. everything works fine except playing cd games. the power goes off to the monitor and it goes in standby mode right when the cd loads. the games are playing because i can hear them. im using a dvd rom and it plays dvds fine. i hope its simple to fix. any suggestions?

matven

p.s. i tried an old monitor and it works fine but it doesn't have the standby mode

Have you checked your DirectX version. Click on Start > Run and DxDiag. That will open up DirectX Diagnostic Tools and will let you check your hardware/software for DirectX.

Your Display Card and the Monitor may be incompatible, although this is highly improbable and just a guess.

What is your new monitor's refresh rate?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online