1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vinda-Lou, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vinda-Lou

Vinda-Lou Thread Starter

Please help! I think my monitor may be dying. Over the last couple of days I heard one of those sounds monitors make when the resolution changes, like a static snap of some sort. And I wasn't changing any resolution, I was just on the computer. Ever since then, the screen has become dull and the colors are faded. There are blurs to the right of everything, like a trail, although nothing has moved. Sometimes the regular bright color comes back and then fades again. After having the computer off for a while, and checking all the connections, I turned it back on and the screen was perfect. Then, within a few minutes, it began to dull and blur, and then it went back to it's very dull, discolored state.

Is my monitor dying? How long should a monitor last? (This one is about 7 or 8 years old, and has been moved a bunch of times). I did a system restore to before this happened, and it did not help. Reinstalled video cards, etc., but still nothing helps. Man I don't have money for a new monitor!
    :(

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

<i>This one is about 7 or 8 years old</i>

Give it a nice funeral!

3. Vinda-Lou

Vinda-Lou Thread Starter

Damn I was afraid of that... :(

4. joe2cool

joe2cool

7-8 yr old..............good age :)............as it not been used much.......:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272931

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice