Monitor Problems!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hdurr1

Just in the last week or so, my display has gone funky. The top 2" appears to be upside down or bleeding. I have to fish around to be able to hit the "X" to close out or the - bar to minimize. When I do a screenshot, everything looks fine. The problem doesn't show. I have had this computer for a long time, with no problems, and am sick to my stomach thinking that maybe my monitor is taking a dump. The monitor is 9 years old and is about 31". You can see why I love it. Wondering if anyone can think of something that I can try instead of having to pitch the monitor. Here are my systems specs:
System model: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8363
Mobo:Board: 8363-686A
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG 01/10/2001
Video Card:NVIDIA RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro [Display adapter]
Monitor:Gateway Destination DL27 [Monitor] (30.9"vis, August 1996
Running XP with 512 mg memory. It's an AMD Athlon 900 megahertz
Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

Welcome to the Forum.

The fact that a 'screen shot' show the CORRECT image says to me that the Video card is NOT the problem.....

and that the monitor is.

sorry!

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
A nine year old monitor :eek: I'd say you got your money's worth in these days. I have one from 99 that is starting to show those signs too :( I really NEED a 19" LCD anyway :D

A 31" monitor in 1996 :eek: That must have set you back some SERIOUS dinero at THAT time :eek: I didn't realize they made them that big then. Mine is a 21" Gateway, and I really like it :(

Agree with the above.

What you will be seeing is the top of the image "folded" over onto itself, due to a failure in the deflection circuitry in the monitor.

hdurr1

I was afraid that might be the case. Actually, I got a really good deal on the monitor. The guy wanted $500 for it and I had a brand new 17" that I sold to someone else for $300 so the big one only cost me $200 in the end. Sure wish I could get another like it. Again, thanks to everyone for their help.

There were some 17" monitors (new) sold here last week at $99 NZ (thats $66 US)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online