Monitor problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hansmax

I've got some monitor problems that I thought I would bounce off of you. My monitor flickers briefly to take on sort of a magenta cast, and then flickers back to normal. Sometimes this last a minute or more, but mostly just a few seconds. I have speakers near it, but they are regular PC speakers, haven't been moved lately and the monitor has worked fine with them where they are for over two years. (So I don't think there is any magnetization going on.) My theory is that the monitor is just gradually going south, and will soon be replaced with a new one - unfortunate, but not tragic. What I am wondering, though, is if anyone has seen this phenomenon caused by something else. Is there something else I should be looking for? I'm not going right out to replace it, but plan to keep this one until it just gets too annoying. That might be two hours or two months, who knows? Just wondering if I'm overlooking something.

hansmax

Oh, yeah. The monitor is a KDS, X-Flat, about two and a half years old. Aida32 calls it a "Sampo AlphaScan 871".

I have a 19" KDS X-Flat monitor, and it has been trouble-free for four years now.

The flickering color change is most likely caused by a loose video cable... try reseating it ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online