1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by djclutch6, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djclutch6

djclutch6 Thread Starter

I recently purchased a Samsung SyncMaster 19' widescreen monitor for my laptop to free up desk space. I took it out of the box 2 weeks ago, plugged it in and everything was great.

The other night I unplugged my laptop to use in it the other room and when I put it back and plugged it in the monitor wouldn't recognize it. I would search between digital and analog before going black and the power button blinking in one second intervals. I've tried restarting both the computer and monitor and reconnecting cables and nothing seems to work.

When I restart the laptop the windows login screen is diplayed on both the laptop and the monitor, but when windows starts to load the monitor goes blank with the blinking power button.

Someone please help!

2. opar2

opar2

Most Laptops have a control key sequence for the display selection.

Portable display on - External display off

Portable display off - External display on

Portable display on - External Display on

Try switching between the three choices and see what you get. ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595375

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice