monitor problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scotsguy2008

Hi there,

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend who can no longer access anything due to this problem.

I did a virus check and there were viruses. I cleaned them, and now my windows when I open any window, are an odd shape, no longer square its like they are dragged across the screen. Ive done all the regular things to put display back, but windows still open skew.

However last week their monitor began to flicker. What happened this morning was the blurred and odd shapes then it began to flicker again and the screen popped which meant they had to shut down. This happened a few days ago but without doing anything until the virus check they couldn't do anything with their computer.

Any ideas if it is the monitor on the way out or another problem?

What do you mean when you say the screen popped. There was a sound and as if an electrical sound, or a visual pop.
When you say you did all the usual things, can you give us an idea of what those things are? Let us know...Jazz

That sounds like a coincidental monitor problem. can you try another on it?

scotsguy2008

she mentioned how the screen started to flicker and then the picture popped...just like if you switch off a television. There was no sound. The flicker appeared to be a warning it was going to happen as before it the screen was stationary but blurred.

By usual things I mean altering the resolution and colour for the monitor and it did alter the size of the boxes etc but remained blurred and out of shape.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online