Monitor Question.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nocontact

I just noticed that when I turn my monitor on the screen shakes and shivers for about 3 seconds before it settles. Anyone know why this is? It's a new video card and it looks fine at other times.
Thanks for the help.

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
Mine is doing the same thing.....plus the screen floats down on occassion. Compaq MV540. Tapping the side of the monitor lightly corrects the problem for awhile. In my case sounds like a loose connection somewhere in the monitor. I called Best Buy and they said the monitor is going bad. Fortunately mine is still under warranty. Hope your problem is different than mine. I think you can be assisted better if you post the brand of monitor you have. Good luck! Take care. angel :)

Degauss is an option in the OSD (on screen graphics where you adjust your monitor settings) :)

There is very good chance the monitor is on its way out. Had the same thing happen and went in about a month. If I was you I would start looking for a good deal as there should be some around just after the holidays.

Forgot. Make sure there is nothing near the monitor that may cause the problem like speakers. Anything with a magnet will also do that.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
FWIW, many monitors have automatic degassing, and will do that everytime you power them up.

Nocontact

So this has nothing to do with a refresh rate or something like that? It's sitting next to my stereo, could that be doing it?

If it was refresh rate it would flicker all the time not the 1st 3 seconds, sounds like its just degaussing automatically when you turn it on. It won't be a problem being next to your stereo but if you put speakers that have no magnetic shielding next to your monitor you will get discolouration of your display

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online