1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maxie0515, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxie0515

maxie0515 Thread Starter

I know that I went through this once before but still have a question. I set up my monitor to shut down after a certain amount of time and it will do that for a few times and then after those few times it just stays on with the screen saver running, then I have to change the time for it to shut off for it to work again. I just wondered why it will work just a few times and then it will just stay running all the time. I no longer have a dial up internet service so leave my system on quite a bit, but don't want the screen to stay on constantly when I am doing other things.:rolleyes:

2. DaveCovenant

DaveCovenant

What operating system do you have...?
    ...and where are you going to setup your monitor's power management...?
    If you're doing everything right there are two things that could help...
    1.) Logon to your computer manufacturer's website and get the latest BIOS and Power Management updates. Power management has always been a problem child and companies are always posting updates for known issues.
    2.) Once you update these two items...try setting up your power management through your BIOS...It's usually under a category titled POWER...

...we may also want to find out what programs are running in the background just in case something is interfering with the monitor shutting down.

- David

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117782

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice