Monitor refresh rate solution

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Subarujack

So I have a 144hz monitor however it only supports 60hz through a HDMI connection. So when I get the PS5 and games are going to be 120 fps my monitor will limit me as it will only run 60hz through HDMI (PS5 only connection type). However my monitor has a DVI port so is there a way I can get a DVI to HDMI adapter or cable to max my refresh rate. Or will the bit rate still be limited.

Thanks

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Which integrated graphics device or dedicated graphics card do you have in your gaming computer?
That may be affecting the choice of refresh rates in your 144 Hz monitor.

When I was using an Intel integrated graphics device, my 75 Hz monitor could only get 60 Hz.
When I switched to a NVIDIA dedicated graphics card, it was able to get 75 Hz.

-------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Subarujack

Which integrated graphics device or dedicated graphics card do you have in your gaming computer?
That may be affecting the choice of monitor refresh rates.

When I was using an Intel integrated graphics device, my 75 Hz monitor could only get 60 Hz.
When I switched to a NVIDIA dedicated graphics card, it was able to get 75 Hz.

-------------------------------------------------
I mainly use it for console (PS4/PS5). I think its the monitor that restricts it though the HDMI. I might switch to PC but even then its only got a DVI port and not display port.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I know nothing about Sony Play Station consoles, so I'll leave you with someone else here who does.

is there a way I can get a DVI to HDMI adapter or cable to max my refresh rate
You can get it for cheap price (few bucks) but I don't know if it will work.
You need to check your GPU specs. does it output 144hz? if not there is nothing you can do.

Melvin25

Melvin
I mainly use it for console (PS4/PS5). I think its the monitor that restricts it though the HDMI. I might switch to PC but even then its only got a DVI port and not display port.
I don't like these issues, so I always plan what features would I need in a gaming monitor, hence, I have been using Viewsonic XG2703-GS which is one of the best 4k gaming monitors providing up to 165 Hz refresh rate and the native rate is 144hz.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online