1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor Refresh Rate

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sidious66, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sidious66

Sidious66 Thread Starter

I have a Megavision MV220 22" Widescreen Monitor, and an EVGA Geforce 8800 GTS Superclocked video card and i'm running Windows Vista. The problem is that I can't get the monitor refresh rate to go above 60 Hz and I cannot seem to find device drivers for this particular monitor. I would like to get the refresh rate to at least 75 Hz, and I'm sure this monitor can do it. It has a 5ms response time and I'm using a DVI cable.

Is there anything I can edit in the registry that will force 75Hz? Or does anyone know of drivers I should use for this monitor.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. norton850

norton850

Correct me if wrong, but isn't that an LCD monitor? Refresh rates are only important with CRT monitors. So the 60Hz settting is fine.

3. Sidious66

Sidious66 Thread Starter

yes it is an lcd monitor, but if a refresh rate is higher that means the picture is redrawn more often per second. which would still make for a smoother picture and less flicker.

4. norton850

norton850

Refresh rate is not an issue with LCD monitors. What is important is response time which is inherent to the monitor. Go here for one review of the subject.

5. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Sidious66, there is no refresh rate for an LCD monitor.

With a CRT monitor, the pixels fade away unless, they get a refresh. LCD monitors don't work that way. They stay on until the computer (which controls each one individually) changes it.

So the old way of increasing your refresh rate to increase frame rate doesn't work.

Courtney sends....

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591689

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice