monitor requirements for HD video card?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scott0999

kinda not up-to-date on things lately lol...

I have a samsung syncmaster 910T monitor (19" LCD)

max resolution seems to be 1280x1024

if I was to get one of the new ATI HD series video cards, do I need to update the monitor at all, or is this one good enough?

thanks

Well, it's good enough to use the card for just about anything. As long as you're fine with the monitor...
Any specific uses for these? Just to look up for any propable compatibility issues on that and the monitor...

I believe the "HD" just means that the card either has an HDMI connector or comes with an adapter wire that will allow you to connect your PC to a separate HDTV.

On a side note: I've been seeing a few new 24" LCD monitors coming out in the past few weeks with built in HDTV tuners @1080p for about $300-400. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online