1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor Resolution Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sisterdear, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sisterdear

sisterdear Thread Starter

I have a ViewSonic 15" VA520 LCD Monitor. It works great except sometimes, mostly when we play games a Resolution Notice comes on the screen and says"For better picture quality change to 1024 x 768. This notice stays on for a minute or two and goes off. It does this alot. I have it set at this resolution and I tried setting the properties of the games to 256 color and that didn't work either. It's very annoying. Can someone please help me?
    Sharon:
    rolleyes:

2. Deathblow

Deathblow

Some games, even though you may have the main resolution set to 1024x768, will change that for menus and such. Normally you can tell if the screen goes blank and flickers or such when you start the game that it's changing resolutions. Can you get a capture of what the screen looks like with this message on it?

3. sisterdear

sisterdear Thread Starter

Thank you for replying. I discovered that I could set the monitor resolution on my actual monitor so it does not display that message anymore. This took me a long time to discover something so simple. Thank you anyway.

4. spidyr2k

spidyr2k

On my Viewsonic VA-912, it has a setting that can disable the resolution notice.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216745

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice