1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor saying no signal with pc connected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Upgrayedd69, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Upgrayedd69

Upgrayedd69 Thread Starter

I have a gateway dx4831 with windows 7. The monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster 2333hd. They have worked fine for the past year and a half, but today the computer turned itself off and when I tried to boot it back up, the monitor says no signal. I don't know what to do

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Start with the easy stuff--check that the cable is still connected securely.

Does the computer seem to boot?

Can you try the monitor with another computer or the computer with another monitor?

3. Upgrayedd69

I don't have another computer to try, hdmi is connected good, tried two cables. Fans both come on but I don't hear anything through my speakers

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The device that you are using to post here does not have the necessary port to connect the monitor?

"the computer turned itself off" plus "the monitor says no signal" plus "don't hear anything through my speakers" makes me think memory, power supply or motherboard problem.

I am not very good with hardware issues, so somebody else will probably have better ideas and advice.

5. Upgrayedd69

Im on my iPad

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    This sounds like a power supply problem to me. Fans, Lights Optical Drives opening and closing can alll happen when a power supply can no long provide the power required to operate the rest of the system. If you don't hear any beeps at start up, or see the Lights on the keyboard blink, I would say Power Supply.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028558

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice