Monitor saying no signal with pc connected

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Upgrayedd69

I have a gateway dx4831 with windows 7. The monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster 2333hd. They have worked fine for the past year and a half, but today the computer turned itself off and when I tried to boot it back up, the monitor says no signal. I don't know what to do

TerryNet

Terry
Start with the easy stuff--check that the cable is still connected securely.

Does the computer seem to boot?

Can you try the monitor with another computer or the computer with another monitor?

Upgrayedd69

I don't have another computer to try, hdmi is connected good, tried two cables. Fans both come on but I don't hear anything through my speakers

TerryNet

Terry
The device that you are using to post here does not have the necessary port to connect the monitor?

"the computer turned itself off" plus "the monitor says no signal" plus "don't hear anything through my speakers" makes me think memory, power supply or motherboard problem.

I am not very good with hardware issues, so somebody else will probably have better ideas and advice.

dustyjay

Jay
This sounds like a power supply problem to me. Fans, Lights Optical Drives opening and closing can alll happen when a power supply can no long provide the power required to operate the rest of the system. If you don't hear any beeps at start up, or see the Lights on the keyboard blink, I would say Power Supply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online