Monitor says no signal and shows black screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SmileyFace12

Hello! It's been a year since I bought this computer but It suddenly shutdown, now I can't open it, I tried methods such as removing the CMOS battery, switch to another cable/port, plugging in and out and it doesn't help much, is there a possible solution to this?

CPU case: intelligent CPU case 288
CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G
Motherboard: Asus prime a320m-k
Monitor: Nvision XC24S 24

It's been 3 days and we still can't fix it I hope Someone can help me, Thanks!

Tanis

Shane
Can you disconnect the power cable completely then press and hold the power button for about 5-10 seconds.

Then, with the side panel off so you can see any system fans etc inside the case, plug the power cord back in and press the power button.

Do you see any sign of life, even a slight twitch of the system fans etc?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hello, SmileyFace12, and welcome to TSG.

In addition to answering Tanis' questions ...

Do you have an external graphics card plugged into the motherboard, or are you using the motherboard's built-in graphics controller?

Does anything show on the monitor on power-up of the computer before the screen goes black?

SmileyFace12

Can you disconnect the power cable completely then press and hold the power button for about 5-10 seconds.

Then, with the side panel off so you can see any system fans etc inside the case, plug the power cord back in and press the power button.

Do you see any sign of life, even a slight twitch of the system fans etc?
Fortunately yes

SmileyFace12

Hello, SmileyFace12, and welcome to TSG.

In addition to answering Tanis' questions ...

Do you have an external graphics card plugged into the motherboard, or are you using the motherboard's built-in graphics controller?

Does anything show on the monitor on power-up of the computer before the screen goes black?
Hello I am using the motherboards built in graphics controller and yes, it shows the brand of the monitor for 2 secs then the screen goes black

SmileyFace12

What do they actually do? The the fans spin and as normal or just twitch / spin briefly?

Also, what is the exact make, model, and wattage of your power supply?
It spins just like a normal fan but the fan below seems a bit slower(theres 2 fans)

I'll try to check tomorrow for some info of the power supply since I'm a bit tired

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online