monitor schizzo please help!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

evets

I have a dell 866 pII. I am running 98 se, I have a trinitron 19'. For some reason in the last week my monitor has these streaks in it. They run horizontally and when I scroll up or down they move with the text. I have not done any troubleshooting becuz I know nothing about monitors. Where should i begin and what the heck should I do? Is there any diagnostics software I can use?

thank you!

try plugging your monitor into a different computer. if it still does the same thing than it is the monitor. if it does not do the same thing than start with the vid card

TweakBoy 🎂

It's my birthday!
What do these lines look like?

dont confuse them with the 2 lines that appear on all trinitron monitors, there are 2 lines, about 6" apart on all trinitron screens, (thats how you know its trinitron). They are 1 pixel in height and span the screen. The way it works is that you sacrifice those 2 lines for a sharper picture.

hope this helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts