1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor screen goes grey and PC freezes

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by saroj, Jun 14, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. saroj

saroj Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4029 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1), 1822 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 87 GB (27 GB Free); D: 185 GB (44 GB Free); E: 156 GB (23 GB Free); F: 36 GB (7 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ECS, G41T-M7
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Whenever i switch on the PC , it works fine for a while but after that the screen goes grey ( like a TV without any kinda connection ) and the computer freezes and HDD light goes off! my disk usage is getting 100% usage also. Kindly help me out regarding this guys and this would mean a lot.

Attached Files:

2. Sponsor

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You appear to have a 500 GB(465 GB actual capacity) that's divided into 4 partitions, and the majority of it is used space, so it's not surprising it has a lot of disk usage.
    It's also my guess there are several installed apps that are auto-loading and running in the background.

Its motherboard and processor and graphics are several years old and were designed to run Windows XP and Windows Vista and Windows 7.
    It was never designed to run Windows 10, so it's not surprising it has display and hardware issues.

----------------------------------------------------------------

4. saroj

saroj Thread Starter

I literally have no apps installed in my PC ! even though my PC is too old i maintained it well. In fact i'm using windows 10 from the past year ! with no issues ! but i just want to know the cause for this problem.

5. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    363 GB of the 465 GB in your hard drive is used space, so that means it's about 78% full.
    If it has very few installed apps, then that means it's cluttered with personal data(photos, music, videos, etc.).
    I'm not there, so I can't verify one or the other.

When was the last time the side panel was removed and all the dust and debris inside the case was blown out?
    A heavy build-up can cause overheating and freezing and other issues.

Installing a graphic card that supports Windows 10 will improve its graphic quality and may resolve your display issues.
    Just make sure it's not a power-hungry one, and that your computer's power supply can handle it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

6. saroj

saroj Thread Starter

Thanks for the info sir ! can u suggest me a good motherboard around 200 usd ? and a processor from amd ? i'm planning to build a new PC for gaming as well as editing !

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I've never built a computer from scratch, so someone else here will need to address your question.

A computer that's capable of gaming is going to cost you a LOT more than $200 U.S.

--------------------------------------------------------------

8. saroj

saroj Thread Starter

oh jeez ! i meant can u suggest me a good motherboard which costs around 200usd ? i'm building a rig under 1200 usd.

9. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
  10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice