Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monitor shutting down randomly

538 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  JO1 
#1 ·
My monitor will randomly shut down. The screen will go black and then no signal comes on. The computer keeps running. I can restart and it will start working again. It is very random. Could be in just a few minutes or it could be a few hours. I replaced the video card and the cable to monitor. I downloaded Open Hardware Monitor and I am including 2 reports. Computer is a custom build from several years ago that my son built and handed down to me. This problem started about 3 months ago. It has a Corsair TX650 psu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

#2 ·
Temperatures look ok, You could try reseat your memory and run Memtest 86 and check your memory The free version is here http://www.memtest86.com/ That board came out in 2007 so you might check the capacitors for leakage or bulging. Did you try your video card in a different slot? The operation system reported in Hardware Monitor is windows 8 , update to Windows 8.1 if possible it fixed a lot of bugs.

#3 ·
I have reseated memory cards. The OP is windows 10. Not sure why it showed up as 8. My son did install a new shell so the desktop looks like windows xp. I will try video card in a different slot if it has one. Thanks. Could the cmos have anything to do with this?

#4 ·
The Hardware Monitor program is probably to old to recognize 10, Ugg the Windows 10 black screen of death. How long has it been Windows 10? Heard a lot of people upgrading their older computer to windows 10 and then windows 10 puts in a new update and it Whacks the video drivers. May need newer video drivers or roll back to the last good one . I am sorry but I am not a fan of windows 10 unless it comes on the computer.

#6 ·
When did the problem start? I guess you completely uninstalled you previous video card drivers then shutdown before installing this card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.