Monitor signal goes when playing games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

piratetigger

I have a problem with my LCD monitor, whenever I play a game the monitor shuts down after varying amounts of time (Rome total war lasts longer than lord of the rings for example). No matter what game it is, it displays a “no signal error”. Then shortly after the sound goes (coming from stand alone speaker, not ones built into the monitor.) I have tried altering the graphics card drivers but to no avail. When we are in the XP it works fine, this is purely a game problem.

Specs;
Windows XP SP2
Nvidia FX 5200
AMD 64 3400 Processor
1gb Ram
Tiny 17” LCD Monitor

Any help much appreciated

What psu do you have? Could be a problem with how much it is actually supplying. I had the same problem, rather than find a cause tho i refitted my mahine, it works now but the problem part still eludes me.

piratetigger

I have a 300W psu.

I have just tried connecting my old monitor (standerd crt) and this is doing the same thing :(

Another update, i have just ran system restore and set the coputer to a earlier time, the probem is still there in games but not xp now. It also appears to be shutting down the keyboard and the mouse, and the speakers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online