1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor signal goes when playing games

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by piratetigger, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. piratetigger

piratetigger Thread Starter

I have a problem with my LCD monitor, whenever I play a game the monitor shuts down after varying amounts of time (Rome total war lasts longer than lord of the rings for example). No matter what game it is, it displays a “no signal error”. Then shortly after the sound goes (coming from stand alone speaker, not ones built into the monitor.) I have tried altering the graphics card drivers but to no avail. When we are in the XP it works fine, this is purely a game problem.

Specs;
    Windows XP SP2
    Nvidia FX 5200
    AMD 64 3400 Processor
    1gb Ram
    Tiny 17” LCD Monitor

Any help much appreciated

2. haplo210

haplo210

What psu do you have? Could be a problem with how much it is actually supplying. I had the same problem, rather than find a cause tho i refitted my mahine, it works now but the problem part still eludes me.

3. piratetigger

piratetigger Thread Starter

I have a 300W psu.

I have just tried connecting my old monitor (standerd crt) and this is doing the same thing :(

Another update, i have just ran system restore and set the coputer to a earlier time, the probem is still there in games but not xp now. It also appears to be shutting down the keyboard and the mouse, and the speakers.

4. CarlssonMB

CarlssonMB

What is all your system specs?

300W may not be enough

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322494

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice