monitor stuck in power save mode...HELP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fatherg00se

for some odd reason my computer is stuck in power save mode......i am 2 computers doing it.........they both have an on-board video........

Like I said in my response to your other post, the information you provide us is not sufficient to answer your question. Stuck in power save mode when? When you turn it on? In Windows when you leave it? Desktop? Laptop? What does this mean: "i am 2 computers doing it"?? Are your two posts related?

fatherg00se

right when i turn the computer on it goes right into power save mode, the firmware screen doesnt even show up, its a PC.

fatherg00se

how do you do that?.....remember i can't see the screen at all when i start it up....

Turn power off, open the box, reseat your memory modules on the mother board. This
most likely will resolve the problem.

fatherg00se

that what i thought it was.....but how is that going to help it and how exactly do i reset it......

fatherg00se

or do you mean check to see if they are in all the way?......i did that awhile ago....i checked everything to see if it is loose.....i let my computer tech teacher look at it and he doesn't know.....we even put a PCI card in the PCI slots and i still got no picture on the screen AT ALL....it won't even show the BIOS

He said reSEAT , not reset, in other words take the modules out and put them back in . Sometimes they get "dirty" contacts and reseating them can help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online