1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor stuck in power save mode...HELP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fatherg00se, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fatherg00se

fatherg00se Thread Starter

for some odd reason my computer is stuck in power save mode......i am 2 computers doing it.........they both have an on-board video........

2. fatherg00se

Help!!!!.....

3. norton850

norton850

Like I said in my response to your other post, the information you provide us is not sufficient to answer your question. Stuck in power save mode when? When you turn it on? In Windows when you leave it? Desktop? Laptop? What does this mean: "i am 2 computers doing it"?? Are your two posts related?

4. fatherg00se

right when i turn the computer on it goes right into power save mode, the firmware screen doesnt even show up, its a PC.

5. ARML

ARML

Fairly common problem, try reseating your memory modules.

6. fatherg00se

how do you do that?.....remember i can't see the screen at all when i start it up....

7. ARML

ARML

Turn power off, open the box, reseat your memory modules on the mother board. This
    most likely will resolve the problem.

8. fatherg00se

what do they look like.....

9. catlady13

catlady13

10. fatherg00se

that what i thought it was.....but how is that going to help it and how exactly do i reset it......

11. fatherg00se

or do you mean check to see if they are in all the way?......i did that awhile ago....i checked everything to see if it is loose.....i let my computer tech teacher look at it and he doesn't know.....we even put a PCI card in the PCI slots and i still got no picture on the screen AT ALL....it won't even show the BIOS

12. catlady13

catlady13

He said reSEAT , not reset, in other words take the modules out and put them back in . Sometimes they get "dirty" contacts and reseating them can help.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/501690

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice