1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

monitor stuck in power save mode

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gsumax, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gsumax

gsumax Thread Starter

Hi there, my monitor is stuck in power save mode all of a sudden and my mouse and keyboard cant activate it. I know the monitor is good because I just tried it with another computer no problems. I have an old Dell Dimension 3000. Im thinking the RAM is bad on my computer because that is the only thing that i have changed in my computer lately and with my ignorance I bought some of the cheap no-name ebay ram.
    Is there any signs to know it is the ram causing the video not to power up? The computer boots up as if things are perfectly fine, lights are on, fans come on, disk trays can open and close.....with my experience with bad RAM the computer makes some beeping noises and fails to boot up anything.

I would try my old OEM ram, but i dont have it available anymore. I plan to just try some new RAM but before I drop the money for it, are there any other possibilities of other things going bad? i dont have a video card, just on board.

I have also tried resetting the MOBO battery as well with no luck.

Thanks for any help.

2. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

3. gsumax

gsumax Thread Starter

Billy, thanks, thats a very helpful link. I will take a look at the diagnosis next time I am by the computer.

Ill be honest i never even noticed the back panel before, but i hope it can pinpoint my problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/844971

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice